Premier HVAC Company in Albany, OR

Have an HVAC Contractor in Albany, OR Inspect Your Equipment for Carbon Monoxide Risks

Achieving safety in the home is a multi-faceted effort that must include careful consideration of different residential health concerns and how to address them. There are many different things that have to be monitored and maintained in order to create an environment that is safe for you and your family.

Carbon monoxide exposure is a serious concern, both in workplaces and at home. Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that is produced as a byproduct of the burning of fossil fuels, so ventilation and air purification is essential in commercial, industrial and residential settings. You may not know it, but many of the systems and equipment that you have in your home can produce carbon monoxide, and it’s important to get your equipment checked by an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR in order to ensure that there aren’t any leaks going unnoticed.

Symptoms of exposure

If there is a risk of exposure to carbon monoxide in your home, it is important to know the symptoms of toxicity. Any indication of exposure to carbon monoxide and an exhibition of symptoms should be handled by leaving the source of exposure and seeking medical care:

  • Headaches and dizziness: A couple common symptoms of exposure to carbon monoxide are headaches and dizziness. Headaches can range from mild to severe depending on the level of exposure to carbon monoxide.
  • Nausea: Nausea is another common symptom of exposure to carbon monoxide. Because headaches, dizziness and nausea are all common symptoms of the flu, sometimes people may not even realize that they are reacting to exposure to carbon monoxide, and instead attribute their symptoms to common illnesses.
  • Convulsions: Convulsions are a sign that there has been a very high level of exposure to carbon monoxide. This symptom shows that there is an urgent need for medical attention, and it should be responded to as quickly as possible.

The importance of carbon monoxide detection

There are many different things that may lead to a carbon monoxide leak in your home, so it is important that you have your equipment checked on a regular basis. A blocked chimney, a malfunctioning water heater and a cracked furnace heater exchange could all be contributors to dangerous carbon monoxide levels in the home. It is important to have an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR inspect your system to check for any potential leaks or issues that could be causing you or your family to be exposed to carbon monoxide.

Call an HVAC contractor in Albany, OR

Don’t let carbon monoxide leaks go undetected in your home. Keep yourself and your family safe from gas leaks by having your furnace and equipment inspected by a professional HVAC technician. At Larsell Mechanical Service, we have over 45 years of experience providing exceptional repair, installation and maintenance service for commercial and residential heating and air conditioning systems. If you need assistance with service for your HVAC system, we would be more than happy to help. Give us a call today for a free service estimate and to schedule an appointment with one of our great technicians.

Categories: